- Homestead National Monument of America Heritage Center
- Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- George Washington's Mount Vernon Ford Orientation Center
- St. Mary's Spiritual Center Visitor Center
- Fort McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine Visitor & Education Center
- Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center
- Project List
Striking the perfect balance between a dynamic building that presents a clear destination to visitors, and a minimalist structure deferential to Pikes Peak and its majestic views, was critical to the design of the new Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center.
Predominately a one-story form seemingly carved from the southeast side of the Peak, the new center offers the same unobstructed views Katharine Lee Bates beheld as she penned America the Beautiful. Reminiscent of the crags and rock formations found above the tree line, the design uses shade, shadow, and fragmentation to coalesce the building into the peak. Viewed from below, the visitor center is one with the mountain, yet as one arrives at the peak, the modest entry pavilion is a clear destination.
"Pushing Interpretation to New Heights" – by Alan Reed, Legacy Magazine, May/June 2016
The "design concept is no less than brilliant." – Advocates for the Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center
- Exhibits, visitor orientation, dining, gift shop
- Rooftop terrace with 180 degree unobstructed views
- Designed to achieve LEED Silver Certification
- Design Architect: GWWO, Inc./Architects; Managing Firm: RTA Architects