- Theater and Dance Complex
- Gibson Center for the Arts
- Mount Royal Station
- Frank Arts Center
- Ward Center for the Arts
- Ocean City Performing Arts Center
An anchor of Washington College’s main academic square, the expanded and renovated Gibson Center for the Arts puts the arts “on stage” and engages the larger campus community with the arts. The transparent entry facade invites onlookers and encourages interaction, while the translucent recital hall serves as a visual beacon during evening performances.
Like the melody in a musical composition, an undulating theme wall organizes the interior spaces and harmoniously merges disparate program elements into a cohesive whole, allowing the music and drama departments to each retain their own unique features, yet remain united in their focus on the arts.
2010 Kent County Maryland Best Institutional Design Award
“By drawing every student in to encounter and enjoy drama, music, and visual art, the GWWO design will return the arts to their rightful place: at the heart of the Washington College experience.” – Baird Tipson, retired President, Washington College
- 440-seat proscenium theater, 175-seat experimental theater, 200-seat recital hall
- Music and drama rehearsal rooms, practice rooms, green room, art gallery
- Offices, scene shop, loading dock
- Site design to enhance dialogue with Martha Washington Square and provide outdoor performance space